Kaltura offers a superior option for uploading in Bb Learn which allows students to play back the media without using RealPlayer.
This tutorial will show you how to add a video to your Bb Learn course using Kaltura.
If you are starting by digitizing your physical media in TLP and have digitized your video as an RM file, begin this process from the TLP digitizing workstation computer.
1) Login to your Blackboard Learn course and access a Content Area within your course where you would like to upload your video.
2) Select Tools from the menu at the top of the page. From the drop down menu that will appear, select Kaltura Media.
3) This will take you to a new page where you will add your media content. The first step is to give your media content a name and description. Next you will select Add Media.
4) This will open the Kaltura uploading software. Browse your computer or course content for the media you would like to upload. Once you have selected the appropriate file select Upload!
Despite the fact that Kaltura will allow you to upload multiple files here, it is recommended that you only add one media file because Kaltura will only link for playback the last media file you upload here, although all media files selected will go into your Kaltura "library" to be linked later.
5) The media will take a few moments to process.
6) After the media processes you will have the ability to give it a name, add tags and a description. Once you have done this, select Next.
7) You will then be brought back to the Add Media Content page within Bb Learn where you will set the options for your video. Once you have set these options, select Submit. This will complete add the media content to your course. Students will have the ability to click on the link you have created and watch the video within the Bb Learn course (see photos below).