Camtasia is a screen-recording and video production program by Techsmith that has been used by faculty to create pre-recorded lectures, demonstrations, tutorials, and other presentations.
- Record anything on the screen including websites, application, PowerPoint slides, or a combination of these.
- Record a voice-over track simultaneously, or after the screen-recording is done, as well as a small webcam video if desired.
- Extensive highlighting, zooming, hot-links and other mark-up capabilities.
- Add interactive quiz questions to reinforce content or collect feedback.
Yes, site licensing is now available for Camtasia and Snagit. TLP has Camtasia installed on all lab and checkout computers as well as two dedicated podcasting rooms. Faculty and staff can download Camtasia and Snag it here:
We recommend exporting as a full quality (High Definition) movie then:
- Publishing an unlisted video on YouTube which can be embedded in Bb Learn
- Directly embedding the video in Bb Learn with Kaltura
If you plan on making your Camtasia videos interactive then:
- Producing a SCORM object which can report time on task and grades on pop quizzes.
- Producing the "web" version and uploading to the Content Collection.
Each method has pros and cons, and it's recommended that you meet with a TLP consultant to determine what's appropriate for your class and content.
Yes, it has a slightly different interface however is still highly recommended.
You can find great tutorials on Camtasia for PC from TechSmith here
You can find great tutorials on Camtasia for Mac from TechSmith here